Care you deserve
Clear Path Home Care has partnered with Veterans Home Care, a company that offers the unique VetAssist® Program. The VetAssist Program helps veterans and surviving spouses determine if they qualify for the “Aid and Attendance” pension benefit and then assists them in applying for and managing these benefits.
The VetAssist® Program is dedicated to helping veterans who have proudly served their country, or their surviving spouses, get the benefits they deserve.
- Helps you determine if you qualify for the VA Aid & Attendance Pension Benefit.
- Assists you in identifying and obtaining documents needed for the application.
- Helps you complete and submit the application to the VA.
- Provides your home care right away.
- Furnishes an interest-free loan so you can pay for your home care while the VA processes your application.
- Monitors your application’s progress, and assist with responses to VA requests for additional information until your pension is approved.
Additional VetAssist® Benefits:
- Monitoring your home care, to assure that you get the services you need, on a schedule that works for you.
- Keeping track of your medical expenses and helping you stay in compliance with the VA, so you retain the maximum allowable pension amount.
- Assisting you in filing any additional paperwork with the VA.
- Being available. We’re always a phone call away if you have questions or concerns.
Getting the Care You Need:
- Help with bathing
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Help with dressing
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation
- Transferring to and from bed
- Personal care
- Respite care
- Light housekeeping
- Additional services – including help to access other community resources to improve your quality of life.
About the Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension Benefit
In 1952, Congress passed Title 38 of the United States Code, creating what we now call the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and
authorizing benefits for veterans. One of these benefits is the Non-Service-Connected Pension, with “Aid & Attendance” (Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension benefit).
Even though the pension has been around for 60 years,
very few people know about it or understand how it works. Veterans Home Care
has 11 years’ experience successfully helping veteran families apply for and
Eligibility: Do You Have the “3-Ms”?
- Military service. Are you a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days on active duty, at least one day during wartime*, with an honorable discharge?
- Medical necessity. Do you have a non-service-connected medical condition causing you to need assistance with activities of daily living?
- Monetary need. Do you have limited income and assets? (Your home and car are not included)
Did you serve during one of the VA Defined War Periods?
- World War II: Dec 7, 1941-Dec. 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-Jan. 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: Aug. 5, 1964-May 7, 1975 For veterans who served Feb. 28, 1961-Aug 5, 1964, must have served “in country” (Vietnam).
- Persian Gulf War: Aug 2, 1990- date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for 2 years.
+ INCLUDE LINKS TO ANY HELPFUL FORMS OR